Notes regarding warranty maintenance:
The warranty will only be valid if:
1. The product is registered online within one month from the date of purchase; and
2. Original proof of purchase from a local Olympus Authorized retailer is shown at the point of repair.
Provisions of warranty
1. If this product proves to be defective, although it has ben used properly (in accordance with the written Handling Care and Operating instructions supplied with it), during a period of up to one year from the date of purchase this product will be repaired, or at Olympus’s option replaced, free of charge. To claim under warranty the customer must take the product and the original proof of purchase before the end of the one year warranty period to our Olympus authorized service station in Thailand and request the necessary repairs.
2. The customer shall transport the product to the dealer or Olympus authorized service station at his own risk and shall be responsible for any costs incurred in transporting the product.
3. This warranty does not cover the following and the customer will be required to pay repair charge, even for defects occurring within the one year period referred to above.
(a) Any defect that occurs due to mishandling (such as an operation performed that is not mentioned in the Handling Care or other sections of the instructions, etc.)
(b) Any defect that occurs due to repair, modification, cleaning, etc. performed by anyone other than Olympus or an Olympus authorized service station.
(c) Any defect or damage that occurs due to transport, a fall, shock, etc. after purchase of the product.
(d) Any defect or damage that occurs due to fire, earthquake, flood damage, thunderbolt, other natural disasters, environmental pollution and irregular voltage sources.
(e) Any defect that occurs due to careless or improper storage (such as keeping the product under conditions of high temperature and humidity, near insect repellents such as naphthalene or harmful drugs, etc.), improper maintenance, etc.
(f) Any defect that occurs due to exhausted batteries, etc.
(g) Any defect that occurs due to sand, mud, etc. entering the inside of the product casing.
(h) When original proof of purchase is not presented at the point of repair.
4. The Warranty applies to the product only; the Warranty does not apply to any other accessory equipment, such as the case, strap, lens cap, batteries and battery chargers.
5. Olympus’ sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing the product and any liability for indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind incurred or suffered by the customer due to a defect in the product, and in particular any loss or damage caused to any film or lenses or other equipment or accessories used with the product or for any loss resulting from delay in repair, is excluded.
1. The Warranty is in addition to and does not affect the customer’s statutory right.
2. If you have any queries regarding this Warranty, please call our Olympus authorized service station in Thailand.
Disclaimer of Warranty
Olympus makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, by or concerning any content if these written materials or software, and in no event shall be liable for any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or for any consequential, incidental or indirect damages (including but not limited to damages for loss of business profits, business interruption and loss of business information) arising from the use of inability to use these written materials or software. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Register your Olympus product for local warranty registration or join our Club Olympus!